Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Random Bites

My sister said I should update this blog more often. When I started this, I thought it would be a repository of my musings on food and life as a grad student, I didn't think it could become a regular obligation. But food, in a sense, is obligation. And there's nothing like a good social obligation to get me writing. 

Here are some of the random bites I've eaten so far:


Palak Paneer! Yummy cottage cheese in a flavorful curry that's not too heavy. When eaten with a nice warm prata, the taste is heavenly! And it's also light on the pocket.

 
Japanese squid-stuffed pancake balls. Doesn't sound appetizing but it does melt in your mouth, especially because it's smothered in Japanese mayo and bonito flakes. 3 balls costs SGD 3.20. A bit pricey but since it's sold at Takashimaya, you get what you pay for.


What's Singapore (Malaysia and Indonesia too) without some Satay? This is one is straight from the Adam road hawker center. For SGD 10 you get 12 sticks. "Not bad", said the Satay lover.


And of course, Chopsuey - our Chinese solution to left-over veggies. This one was specially and instantaneously created by two pinoy NTU students plus myself. Collectively, we call ourselves the Chopsuey Boyz!

Random bites for random times. The readings are piling up but I have resolved to keep my nose in the books AND in the kitchen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice!! These quickie posts are cool. You could have even done just one dish a day, or something like that :)

Kate said...

looks yummy :)